My roommates and I love to make this recipe for dinner every few weeks! It’s a great option if you’re craving comfort food for dinner but also want to stay on the healthy track. It’s also super easy and quick to make! Since the pizza will be a personal size, you can put whatever you want on it, but I definitely suggest trying the delicious recipe that I’ve listed below. My roommates and I also sometimes serve a veggie on the side such as sautéed zucchini or a salad, but the pizza alone is great if you aren’t starving!
Ingredients (per pizza):
– 1 Whole wheat pita (whole round)
– Crumbled feta cheese and skim milk shredded mozzarella cheese
– Basil Pesto Sauce
– Fresh spinach leaves
– Baby bella mushrooms
– Sundried tomatoes (I use halves in the jar with extra virgin olive oil)
– Dried oregano and basil leaves (from the spice rack)
– Ground black pepper
– Grated parmesan cheese (for garnish)
– Grilled boneless and skinless chicken breasts (I usually marinate mine before cooking for better flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 450º F.
- Slice your washed mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, and grilled chicken and set aside.
- Spread the pesto sauce on the pita followed with some of your feta and mozzarella cheese.
- Load up your pizza evenly with the spinach, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, and chicken and then top with a little bit more cheese.
- Top it off with some dried oregano, basil, and pepper to your taste.
- Place the pizza on a big baking sheet or right onto the oven rack and cook for about 8 minutes or until the crust is slightly crispy.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top for garnish.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes and then DIG IN! Enjoy!