For my entire life, I’ve had long hair. I’ve always loved having my long locks and appreciated its ability to grow as long as it had, as many girls simply can’t grow their hair that long. However, in high school, I told myself that once I’m out of college and working in a “big-girl” job, I would make the big cut. Well…this time came and I finally did it. While the recent influx in popularity of short hair gave me the final push to cut it, I’m really happy that I actually followed through with a commitment I made years ago. I believe that everyone needs to make a big change or two in their lives, and this was my time. Now that it’s a few weeks into my hair transformation, here is what I’ve learned so far from the change:
- Change is good!
- People who you think wouldn’t notice, actually notice
- My hair is much less of a hassle
- Less shedding – yay!
- It takes MUCH less time to get ready in the morning
- I don’t accidentally shut my hair in the car door anymore
- I can drive with the windows down without being blinded by my own hair
- 2nd and even 3rd day hair is much easier to achieve- dry shampoo all the way
- I wear my hair down all the time now
- Some people love it and others aren’t as impressed and say my “trademark” is gone…but who says I can’t have a new trademark?
- I can pull off edgy/hip or chic/sweet, depending on the product I use
- I feel and look more mature (a.k.a. more boss-like)
- It’s much easier to head-bang AND flip my hair – pretty important, right?
- It was the right move and I feel like I’ve made my next step in style
- Short hair…don’t care
If you’re thinking about making a big chop as well, take a look at some of my favorite celebrity lobs (a.k.a. long bobs) for some inspiration!